Diana Alpine Lodge is open and operating under the current Victorian Restrictions.
28 January 2022
The past two years have proven to be challenging for everyone and we are all putting into place plans so that we operate safely and try minimise risks to guests and ourselves.
As government directives have changed frequently, we urge guests to keep checking the various website to understand how these may influence guests' experiences before, during, and after their stay in Falls Creek.
OUR COVID-19 POLICY
Should the COVID-19 pandemic affect you by way of being infected or close contact, or government restrictions make it impossible for you to stay with us, we are able to cancel, postpone or refund bookings. Please contact us immediately should your circumstances be affected by these to discuss your options.
There are persons living and working at Diana Alpine Lodge that are deemed to be high risk, even though they are fully vaccinated. Please respect our policy of only allowing fully vaccinated guests to stay.
If you have not been vaccinated or do not have proof that you are, you will not be permitted to stay. Cancellations and refunds are permitted as long as we are advised prior arrival.
Any guests that do stay with us will be required to follow all the directives which may include proof of full vaccination, temperature checks, wearing of face masks, practice good hygiene and social distancing. Anyone who is or has been exposed to someone who is unwell or suspected to have coronavirus, they are discouraged from staying.
Please stay up to date with all Victorian Government restrictions prior travel to Falls Creek: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/
Everyone is responsible for keeping safe
Primarily, we will be asking guests to continue with social distancing, practice good hygiene and stay at home if unwell. We are now required to have all guests use the Victorian Government QR Code Tracking Service on check in.
In order for us to operate safely, the Chief Health Officer has enabled accommodation providers to implement one or more of the following requirements for patrons:
- requesting that a patron undertake a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home, which includes an assessment of whether they have a fever and include a temperature check at home;
- providing information about the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) and asking guests to disclose whether they are unwell or whether they have been asked to quarantine by the Department of Health and Human Services due to being a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- a patron’s temperature could be taken on arrival to supplement the self-assessment, or if patrons arrive when reception is closed then taking it at the next available opportunity.
Accommodation providers maybe required to contact booked guests in the 24 hours prior to their booking and request they conduct a symptom self-assessment before leaving home. Accommodation providers can ask people whether the self-assessment has been done as part of the check-in process.
If a patron becomes unwell while staying in the accommodation facility, they will be encouraged to return home and get tested, as there are no facilities in Falls Creek to isolate. A COVID testing clinic will be operating in Falls Creek and necessary precautions must be undertaken to isolate them from others (including avoiding communal facilities) until they receive a negative result.
It is in your interest to stay home if unwell - cancellations or postponement of stays will be allowed by Diana Alpine Lodge if you advise before you are due to arrive.
Staying at Diana Alpine Lodge
We have had to modify the way we provide our service for this season, to help us manage with the directives in place. We are very conscious that this will change the character of the lodge: a highly social and communal experience will not be achieved to the same level this year, however, we are confident an attentive level of service can be achieved.
The main implications are to date:
- Limited number of people staying at the lodge, and strict adherence to the 1 person per 4 square metres both in in communal areas and guest bedrooms
- Cleaning of guest rooms will only take place once guests vacate at the end of their stay
- Check in time will not be before 3 pm and guests must check out and vacate the lodge by 10 am to allow us to appropriately clean and prepare for new arrivals. Guests may have to leave luggage in vehicles until they can access their allocated guest room. Those arriving via coach will need to discuss options directly with us.
- Our communal areas are limited to total 25 people in the two dining area and 15 people in the lounge. This means guests will have ask if a table is available at breakfast before seating, and will have to self-monitor if they are in the lounge to ensure correct numbers and distancing.
- Breakfast or any other food or beverage orders through a webapp help minimise time spent with staff.
- We will not be able to operate the spa and sauna due to the cleaning and monitoring COVID Safety requires.
Postponing or cancelling your stay at Diana Alpine Lodge
If it is deemed that the risk is too great to visit Falls Creek - either for yourselves or us - we will be asking guests to postpone or cancel their stay with us. The same applies if Government restrictions do not permit you to travel to Falls Creek or prevent you from staying in Falls Creek. If postponement is not an option, we will refund any money received by us. Guests should determine the terms and conditions of other operators before making this decision.
To find out more about current current restrictions in Victoria, and how to stay safe, visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.